Tomorrow, the First Open WOD, which will be our RX wod for the CrossFit LoDo Intramural Championships will be announced!
Here are the Rules and Regulations for Participating:
- Entry Fee must be paid before the posting of the first WOD (Wednesday March 4). Price will be increasing to 5 dollars ($35) as of this FRIDAY February 27th. So get your entry in!!
- Even if you don’t have a full team, you can still compete. We will do a blind draw for any non complete teams from the pool of Male/Female athletes for each workout. For example, if you have 2 guys and 3 girls, your team will have the chance to draw for any male at CFLoDo. So, you can still win even without a full team. After 1 week of drawing, you will draw again for a different male the next week.
- 2 Male Scores and 2 Female Scores must count towards your team total. Rx will be weighted, BUT scaled scores will be considered. Ryan will determine a “scaled” version of each workout that you will have to complete to be considered to submit a team score. If, during a week, the WOD isn’t completed, you will have a workout option available for you, but the other two individuals from your team will count for that week.
- Winners will be the team score with the best finish in relation to other CFLoDo athletes, so a team that has male and female scores as 5th best in the gym (each) beats the team that has the best female score and the 10th best male score…
- Because we have no idea what they are going to throw at us, we will get creative on the scoring system, scaled WODs CAN still win the “Weekly Prizes,” but the discretion of such “WIN” will be left to Ryan.
There will be weekly prizes for:
Best Team Score
Most Improved Team Score
Team Spirit for each week
- You do not have to complete the WODS with all of your teammates, but that would be fun! You must have your score JUDGED by either a teammate or another member at CFLoDo. If it is your teammate, either Ryan or Donny must be present to also verify the score.
- Open WODs will be “normal” programming on Fridays. We have no idea what these workouts will be, so be ready for anything.
- Scores must be submitted to Ryan or Donny before the gym closes each Wednesday. However, if you are in the CrossFit Open (the big, online contest) DON’T FORGET your scores must be in by MONDAY at 4pm, NOT WEDNESDAY! We want everyone to have a chance to complete the WOD even if they are out of town.
- If you are in the CrossFit Open, be sure that your score is validated and submitted by Donny or Ryan, and again, it will be due Monday @4pm – Remember – It is YOUR responsibility to submit your scores to CrossFit. They have a ZERO tolerance policy for late submissions for any reason.
Lastly – This competition is 100% for FUN. However, please be mindful that some athletes do care what happens during their “Official” workouts that they will submit to CrossFit. Please respect everyone during their workout time.
Lets have some fun, Team! And let’s show the world what CFLoDo is all about!